Robert is an accountant who has worked in and with professional service firms for nearly 30 years and is an expert on law firm profitability and management. He has provided training and consultancy services to nearly 500 firms across 30 countries. His clients have included the largest City firms, large regional firms and entrepreneurial smaller firms. He is regularly asked to help with a wide range of issues including time recording, pricing and fee negotiation, project management, profit sharing arrangements and improving the quality of management information.
Robert is the author of “Maximising the profitability of law firms” and was the author of the Law Society’s annual financial benchmarking survey from 2006-2009. He is also the lead author of the “Solicitors- An Industry Accounting & Auditing Guide”. He has been voted “Trainer of the year” by the Legal Education & Training Group and is an Industrial Fellow of the Business School at Kingston University.
Robert trained in the early 1980s with PWC and spent 20 years as a partner at Macintyre Hudson LLP before setting up Taylor Mowbray LLP with Janet Taylor in 2009 to be a niche, independent advisor to professional service firms.
Taylor Mowbray work with fresh to deliver specialist financial skills training.
Programmes and courses delivered
Robert delivers various programmes and courses for fresh, including:
- Closer To Clients: Boardroom Finance
- Corporate Finance For Dummies
- Financial And Business Skills
- Getting To Grips With Financial Statements
- Introduction To The City
- Law Firm Profitability: Matter Planning, Pricing And Fee Negotiation
- Law Firm Profitability: Maximum Law Firm Profitability
- Law Firm Profitability: Time Recording
- Reading Financial Statements: Accounts Refresher
- Reading Financial Statements: Documenting Acquisitions
- Reading Financial Statements: Financial Covenants