Small group workshop (maximum number 4), including video-taped presentations with individual feedback and coaching
This course provides an outline of key points in presentation skills for those with little or no presenting experience. It can also be developed for those with some experience but who need a refresher or training for a particular presentation. The focus is to support participants with their individual presentation skills needs.
- What are your achievable objectives?
- Subject matter and content
- Who is your audience?
- Selecting and sorting material: what should I say and how much should I say?
- Introducing yourself
- Grabbing your audience’s attention
- Making your presentation relevant and persuasive
- Linking with documents and the use of visual aids
- How to have a strong case
- Dealing with nerves and appearing confident
- Fielding questions and handling difficult people
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your presentation
- Action planning for your next presentation
- Practical exercises
- Participants prepare and deliver two presentations, the second of which will include PowerPoint slides. Participants receive constructive feedback, including video feedback, from the trainer.
- Participants will be able to plan and prepare for a range of presentations
- Participants will acquire increased confidence in delivering presentations and a range of tips and techniques which they can implement each time they are required to make a presentation
- Participants will understand how to relate to their audience, including how to handle challenging situations and questions