Solicitors dealing with commercial clients
Small group workshop with tutor-led discussions and practical case studies
To develop a broad understanding of how successful businesses are run and managed to make it easier for a solicitor to be more commercial in conversations with clients.
- Why and how are business plans prepared?
- Preparing annual budgets
- Alternative ways of predicting income
- Optimum levels of expenditure
- Management information systems
- Managing cash flows – the useful ratios
- Managing profit – key KPIs
- Cash flow forecasts – why and how are they prepared?
- Investment decisions
- Payback periods
- Net present values
- Internal rates of return
- Participants will understand how successful companies plan for both the short and long term to minimise risks and maximise returns
- Participants will feel more comfortable when talking to owners and managers of businesses and, more generally, about business and finance issues
- Participants will have a better understanding of how to develop stronger working relationships with key clients