Small group workshop with tutor-led discussions and practical case studies
The course is intended as a quick refresher on how to read and interpret company accounts. Although participants will have attended similar courses previously, this refresher will improve the confidence of solicitors who have had only limited experience of reading company accounts.
- Introduction and overview
- Do I remember the basics?
- Small group working
- The answers
- Group accounts – how are they prepared and what do they represent?
- Case study (Tesco plc) – finding information quickly in accounts
- Analysing accounts to understand performance
- Read, summarise, calculate ratios and conclude
- Key ratios to determine solvency and profitability
- Final questions
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what governs the form and content of accounts
- Summarise the main points in financial statements and identify their use to a reader
- Interpret accounts to understand the financial health and position of a company
- Understand group accounts