Plenary session and workshop exercises (drafting and discussion).
To objectives of this course are to provide practical guidance for trainees in contract drafting and to enable them to think clearly about the contract objectives, the essential elements of a contract and the need for plain language.
- Basic drafting principles
- Composition of a contract
- Plain English
Participants should gain an understanding of:
- The use of contracts
- How to reflect the intention of the parties
- The structure and essential elements of contracts
- The need for plain English in contracts