Interactive workshop (limited numbers) including trial of “mini” segments of presentations and individual / small group feedback and coaching
This workshop is designed to enable trainees to prepare effectively for a presentation.
The objective of this course is to provide practical guidance on how to prepare effectively for presentations. Each trainee will have the opportunity to work on their own presentation, structure, content and message packaging to get their key points across successfully.
- Introduction- designing a presentation
- Selecting material: what should you say?
- Deciding a purpose
- Selecting a framework
- Sequencing – different possible approaches
- Strong beginnings – attention grabbers
- Message packaging
- The power of 3s
- Structure within a structure
- Maintaining interest
- Logical links between key messages
- Building in visuals
- Anticipating and preparing for handling difficult questions
- Powerful endings and exits
- Individual presentation practice
The success measures for the workshop are:
- Trainees learn key techniques in presentation preparation, gain confidence in making their presentation content more focused, structured and memorable and
- Are more effective and efficient in how to prepare successful presentations
If a trainee has an imminent forthcoming presentation, then a good follow on session would be PSC Elective: Presentation Skills, which focuses on presentation delivery techniques and skills.