Small group workshop focused on practical group exercises
This course is an introduction to developing a network of business development contacts and the key personal networking skills required to be an effective networker.
- What is networking?
- Why networking is a valuable marketing and business development tool
- Developing your network
- What does your current network look like?
- Networking as a trainee solicitor
- Making the most of your network
- Practical steps to develop your network of contacts
- Identifying different types of contact
- How effective a networker are you?
- Effective personal techniques for client events
- What to do before a client event
- Targeting your client activity and setting goals
- The networking process
- Raising your personal profile and that of the firm
- Tips on working a room
- Measuring the success of a client event
- Post-event evaluation and follow up
- Managing the information you have
- Measuring the success of networking at a client event
- Keeping in touch and how to build proactive, ongoing relationships
The success measures for the course are that trainees:
- Understand the significance of effective networking as a useful business development tool
- Gain confidence in how to build, develop and maintain a network of productive relationships with clients, external colleagues and referral sources as well as contacts within the firm
- Develop and practise their personal networking skills